Week 3..finally getting the hang of things!

|
I can believe it is already the third week of school... it means May, graduating, finding a job, and becoming a big girl are all near in the future! Makes me both excited and nervous...

Dot Com this week went great I am finally getting the hang out things and not having to double check to make sure I am posting things correctly. I worked this week to make sure none of my stories had

's, including pictures with all stories, and including captions. I had hopes to create a slide show or map something different than the usual for the web but the reporters stories on Wednesday didn't work for any of these endeavors... maybe next week! I told both the reporters I want to work on something like that with them so asked if they would keep web extras in the back of their mind while out reporting.

I posted a breaking news story for the first time this week about the Department of Revenue giving waives for fees associated with license offices in the areas that were hit by the ice storm. It was difficult to write because the jargon was incredibly unconversational and all I had was a press release. Overall thought I was successful though in making it easy for the average person to understand.. I also included photos of the ice storm with the story which made it that much more interesting! (And I put captions in.. I know Jen you are proud :))

Here are the links to the stories:

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/42ed5602-80ce-0971-002c-fbb36d04b1b0
--One thing I had trouble with was what exactly to put in the captions..I thought I could have done a better job with this I thought to much about what they were saying.

This is the breaking news story I posted:
http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/446bc025-80ce-0971-0129-9f11aa400d58

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/4479fca1-80ce-0971-00eb-f9fdfe9dcc0a

Those are the main stories I worked on.. I also forgot to twitter on KOMU! Next week I want to make sure to post at least two things to twitter during my shift..

1 comments:

Jen Reeves said...

Good job adding a number of photos to the stories. I would just remind you to be more mindful of the kinds of captions you write - It should be descriptive and in a full sentence form. Also, make sure you maintain the 480x360 size. A couple of the images seem smooshed.

Post a Comment