And it begins!

|
After the second week of working dot com and getting adjusted to everything I think I finally have the hang of it. Having the reporters write their own stories was helpful but the only problem was most of them were very unfamiliar with how to write a web story which caused the need for a lot of editing. I didn't work on a ton on web extras most of them were links but I did put a few photos up alongside stories. It is nice to know I am becoming a little more savvy on the internet! I posted an array of stories from job cuts to a new handicap playground being built in Holts Summit. Here is a story I wrote and posted about a bill that is going to try put doctors in more control of the prescription drugs they prescribe for patients.

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/1ecff898-80ce-0971-0074-277189088262

Here is another story I worked on about the first handicap accessible park being built in Mid-Missouri:

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/1feb064c-80ce-0971-013c-e92221986f88

My goal for my shift on Wednesday is I'm hoping to be able to work with a reporter to make an out of the box web extra, instead of just a link or pictures. I also want to start working on my resume tape this week and start narrowing down which clips I want and which ones I don't. Overall I am really getting the hang of things and enjoying the web..(and beginning to become addicted to twitter) :)

1 comments:

Jen Reeves said...

A couple of tips on the links you shared:
1) New Bill Puts Doctors In Control - put captions on your photos. When you upload the photo you can add text in the "description" box.
2) The same story appears to have a bunch of p's at the bottom for no reason - so there's white space before you see the credits.
3) I'd love to see pictures of the Holts Summit story! Plus, I am pretty sure KOMU did a story about this park when they were planning it. You could have linked the story to the older one.

Great start - I can't wait to see what you do next week!

Post a Comment