Getting Excited for I-touch Project

|
At the end of the week I can say I was definitely ready for the weekend! Meeting with our group on Friday to talk about the I-touch project went well. I am really excited to work on the project and think the application we are creating will be really helpful for freshman. I would have loved to have had something like that when I came to Mizzou. I am still having trouble getting my i-touch to sync but was going to take it over to tiger tech Monday or ask Jen about it again. I will say though it really makes me want to save the funds and buy an i phone!

Im hoping to get a lot done on the project this week especially on Thursday...looking at the Google docs I think there is about two to three things I can complete before our meeting on Friday.

As far as my dot com shift went..it wasn't too eventful but I did work with a reporter to try to get more content out of her story that we could use for the web. She did a story about the Salvation Army and how they are having more people come in because of the current economic times. What was interesting about the story is that the director talked about how he thought the economic troubles could be eased if more people knew about the salvation army's services and used them more often. Since the reporter couldn't include all that information in her story we went ahead and put the full interview with the director on the web for people to watch. I also including pictures in the story (with better captions that were complete sentences :0) and I also put a tease in to the full video interview.

Here is the link:
Salvation Army Battles Economy

I edited a couple of other stories but that was the main story I worked on since there were only two reporters for the ten.

Looking forward to working on the i-touch project and hopefully using flikr next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment